Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our Active Schools online community, a forum specifically designed for Government schools, including those who have received funding through DET, or simply require support as part of the Active Schools initiative. ACHPER Victoria has been funded by Department of Education and Training Victoria (DET) to act as the supplier to deliver the Active Schools Expert Support Service and support Victorian government schools to implement the Active Schools Framework.
To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. By joining and using this community, you agree you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to this medium. This is a great medium where you can seek the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, share your experiences and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Questions should be directed to our Active Schools Support Team via the Contact Us link on this site.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. To preserve an environment that encourages both productive and inclusive dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Respect others - Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a silly question.
- Respect the purpose of the community - to make connections, and share successes, challenges, raise questions and provide constructive feedback. Please refrain from sharing any commercial products or services you may provide.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. This is intended as a positive and inclusive space designed to support teachers implement a high quality HPE program and work towards aligning to the Active Schools Framework. Avoid posting anything you would not want the world to see or you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property - Post content you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. By sharing your resources and ideas through this platform, you give permission for others to use and edit the resources to suit their school context and benefit their teaching and learning. Please indicate if you would not like other users to reuse the content without first seeking permission.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by reducing "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- You will be engaging with other government teachers who would like support in aligning to the Active Schools Framework. Please note that teachers will come from schools with differing levels of funding, or may have no funding, so keep this in mind when posting in the forum and responding to posts.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to discussion groups. Instead, edit your details through your MyACHPER account and settings within your profile. If you need support with this, please view our FAQs section, or Contact Us.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for teachers who have received Active Schools funding through the DET and are entitled to support through the Expert Support Service provided by Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation Victoria (ACHPER Victoria). ACHPER Victoria is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ACHPER Victoria or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ACHPER Victoria be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ACHPER Victoria and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
ACHPER Victoria will monitor posts to provide support where required. If by chance questionable content which does not align with the Terms and Conditions of this community appear, they will be followed up.
ACHPER Victoria reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
ACHPER Victoria uses the personal information which has been provided either by teachers in setting up a myACHPER account or through the DET as part of the funding process to connect you to this community. Your personal information will only be used to contact you directly. You will be notified to seek permission should ACHPER Victoria wish to share your contact details with anyone.
Each user is to set up their own profile when becoming a user of this community. This involves adding additional contact information (at your discretion) to enable you to better communicate and network with other members of the community. Users of the community will be able to see this information you add to search for individuals with similar interests and demographics to connect with you.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.